ATC Discrete Stereo Power Amplifier SPA2-150
- Hand built in the UK.
- Dual Mono design.
- 150W into 8 ohms.
- Class A/B Operation.
- Founded in 1974, Acoustic Transducer Company (ATC) is a British loudspeaker and electronics company based in Stroud, Gloucestershire, England. ATC loudspeakers are used in over one thousand recording studios worldwide by the most respected professional recording and mastering engineers to produce music and film recordings of the finest quality.
- As designers and manufacturers of some of finest loudspeaker drive units in the world, ATC are only too aware of the requirements for a power amplifier to properly drive real-world loudspeakers.
- The SPA2-150 uses a grounded-source output stage to deliver over 200 Watts per channel, driven by a buffer based on the discrete gain block which enables the SCA2 pre-amplifier to deliver such astonishing performance figures. Used in this way to drive the FET output stage, distortion components are more than 95db down under any conditions, ensuring totally clean and transparent sound with the effortless dynamics for which ATC is justly famous.
- Input to the amplifier utilizes a similar discrete gain block and offers both XLR-Balanced and RCA-unbalanced capability for universal system matching. This input buffer, which completely eliminates integrated circuits, achieves the same levels of transparency as the famous ATC SCA2 pre amplifier.
- The output stage of the SPA2-150 is continuously monitored by microcomputer and a carefully programmed limiter prevents amplifier clipping and protects loudspeaker drive units.
- Front panel indication of limiter operation is provided separately for each channel. Additionally the amplifier is monitored for over-temperature and DC offset.
- Construction is Twin-Mono, with separate high capacity mains transformers for each channel. The FET output stage is very fast and layouts follow best RF practice, with direct signal-paths and direct low-impedance power supplies.
- Remote control of the SPA2-150 is possible using the SCA-Rremote controller, or any other standard RC5 device. High quality connectors are used throughout including massive WBT terminals. Styling is complementary to the SCA2 with high quality, peened, stainless-steel covers atop machined aluminium corners.
|Output Power into 8 ohms:||150W|
|Input Impedance:||10k ohms|
|Frequency Response:||5Hz – 200KHz ±0.1dB|
|Signal / Noise Ratio:||>110dB|
|Weight (HxWxD):||26kg / 57.2lbs|