Marantz Award Winning CD Player CD6005
The CD6005 – a Tribute to Purity.
CD, CD-R/RW playback, USB-A input Certified “Made for iPhone/iPod”
• Support of WAV, MP3, AAC , WMA file playback via USB-A input
• High quality 192kHz/24bit D/A conversion (CS4398) and accurate system clock
• HDAM-SA2 circuitry on board for high quality audio
• Customized audio components
• Full discrete headphone amplifier
• Double layered bottom plate for extra stability
• Gold Plated L/R/Coax Outputs
- Based on the “Best CD player under £500” by “What Hi-Fi Sound and Vision?” the new CD6005 is a fine-tuned version with even more specially selected components. We also added a solid metal bottom-plate and centralised the CD mechanism. That is how, for example, we virtually eliminated vibration.
- In addition, the oversized power supply feeds the digital and analogue circuitry of the player, where the high-quality CS4398 DAC converts digital signals to analogue, this is then ‘pushed’ to the gold-plated synch outputs by Marantz’s own small signal amplifier, the HDAM-SA2. In addition, we have included a new remote that also controls the PM6005 amp. There is also a new ‘low-power stand-by’ and ‘auto stand-by’ mode to save electricity.
- Altogether, the CD6005 is a match made in heaven for the music lover who wants nothing but the best performance at an attractive price. One more thing: it is also perfect for lovers of portable music, thanks to its iPod-digital connectivity.
- The CD6005 is designed to deliver the utmost musical fidelity, and features a range of reference class technologies including our exclusive HDAM (Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module) discrete circuit topology along with the high resolution CS4398 D/A conversion system, which delivers up to 192 kHz/24 bit resolution. The center mount CD drive mechanism is securely fastened to the chassis to minimize vibrations, and the digital audio circuit block is housed in its own shielded subsection. The player is compatible with music CDs, CD-R and CD-RW discs, and can play a wide range of file types, including WAV, AAC, WMA and MP3 files. A convenient USB port on the front panel works with many USB memory devices, and is iPod and iPhone compatible so you can enjoy your favorite iTunes tracks with thrilling sound quality.
Marantz HDAM Technology
- Ordinary CD players employ conventional IC-based op-amps in the D/A and analog output sections, but the CD6005 is equipped with our exclusive HDAM technology, which uses discrete circuit elements and not ICs. HDAM technology provides wide dynamic range and wide frequency response along with lowest distortion for the utmost musical fidelity.
High Current Power Supply
- For the most stable power to the various circuit blocks, the power supply employs high speed, high current Shottky Barrier Diodes in the AC-DC conversion circuit, and the power supply is fitted with high current storage capacitors for the most stable DC supply to the mechanical and electrical sections.
Reference Quality D/A Conversion
- The CD6005 features high resolution D/A conversion and is equipped with the reference class CS4398 D/A converter, which provides up to 192 kHz/24 bit resolution for optimum fidelity with high resolution audio file types. To prevent interference with the critical analog audio output circuitry, the digital audio circuit block is housed in its own shielded subsection.
Fully Discrete Headphone Amplifier
- The all discrete headphone amplifier section features the ability to properly drive the widest variety of headphone types, regardless of impedance or sensitivity, and the headphone output is equipped with a volume control. The gold plated ¼” jack is compatible with audiophile and studio headphone types and adapters.
Audio EX Function
- For improved analog audio output fidelity, the Audio EX function lets you disable the front panel fluorescent display, to minimize noise artifacts. You can also disable the digital audio outputs when listening via analog audio for even greater noise reduction.
Front USB Port
- Conveniently located on the front panel, the USB port lets you connect a USB memory device, and the port is also iPod and iPhone compatible, with 5V/1A output that lets you charge your device while listening to your favorite tracks. The included remote control also lets you control your iPod or iPhone. A wide range of audio file types are supported, including WAV, AAC, WMA and MP3, with up to 24 bit/192 kHz resolution.
Optical and Coaxial Digital Audio Outputs
- For optimum compatibility with digital audio amplifiers and decoders the CD6005 is equipped with both optical and coaxial digital audio outputs.
Gold Plated Audio Connectors
- The audio connectors, along with the digital coaxial output connector, are all gold plated to ensure optimum signal transfer with no degradation.
System Remote Control
- The supplied remote control features an easy to use ergonomic design, and can control the CD6005 as well as control the matching CD6005 integrated stereo amplifier, and it can also control your iPod or iPhone.
Two Line Fluorescent Display
- For optimum visual clarity, the CD6005 features a deluxe two line fluorescent display that features alpha-numeric characters, and is compatible with CD Text music discs.
Best CD Player under £500 – What Hi Fi Awards 2015
- What Hi-Fi? the world’s most trusted technology buyer’s guide have announced the Marantz CD6005 as one of its 2015 Award winners.
- Celebrating the best innovation in technology throughout the year What Hi Fi? selected the Marantz CD6005 as the Best CD Player under £500 in the CD Players and transports category.
AV Forums – Highly Recommended
- All the performance and future-proofing that you could want
- “There’s no doubt that once again Marantz have produced an AV receiver that delivers fantastic value, with a set of features and a level of performance far in excess of its £1,399 price tag….The front sound stage is wide, dialogue is clear and central, effects are seamlessly panned around the room and bass is deep and well integrated. The result is a hugely enjoyable experience made all the better by the receiver’s lovely musicality with two-channel audio. Ultimately the Marantz SR7010 is a class act that does it all and it does it well.”
What Hi-Fi Awards 2013: Best CD player up to £500
- “A highly effective upgrade to an old favourite, this is a fantastic player”